To celebrate our Birthday, we thought we would share 20 facts about SureSet.
Some you may know, others may be a surprise – either way, we hope you find them interesting!
- SureSet was established in 1997 in Sutton veny, Wiltshire.
- Longbridge Trading Estate, where we are based, was originally a camp built in the 1940s to house soldiers. The 83rd Armoured Reconnaissance Battalion United States Army moved in in 1943, where they remained until the D Day landings.
- Our paving blends are formulated using a combination of stone chippings of different types, sizes and physical characteristics and a clear polymer resin.
- We have 75 colours in our standard ranges.
- The number of SureSet staff has risen from five (in 1997) to 36.
- Sutton Veny is a village and civil parish in the Wylye Valley and situated around two miles from the town of Warminster located between Bath and Salisbury.
- We moved from the residential to the commercial sector in 1998.
- In 2001 we relocated to larger premises, on the same Trading Estate in Sutton Veny, Wiltshire.
- We launched our DIY Kit® in 2002.
- Our Approved Installer scheme was set up in 2004.
- In 2006, we installed our first international project.
- Our first Tweet was in April 2009.
- We developed our own method of colouring recycled glass in 2013 which means we can create just about any colour you need.
- When SureSet was established, our guarantee was two years – it’s now 18.
- Of the three men who set up SureSet, Kevin Weston is our CEO, Peter Watts our ‘Founder’ and Mike Newton is retired and co-owner of StoneSet permeable paving in Australia.
- Of the 131,017 people who visited our website in 2016 – just one of those was from the Solomon Islands.
- There are 47 downloadable documents on our website, including specifications and manuals.
- In 2016 we sent out more than 28,000 samples of SureSet resin bound paving.
- Our most popular colour is Barley Beach.
- We have 42 Approved Installers based throughout the UK.
We are now looking forward to our 21st Birthday in 2018!