Looking for an easy to install sub-base?
Also known as ground reinforcement, SureCell® is our own cellular grid structure sub-base made from 100% recycled plastic.
Features of SureCell:
- Easy and quick to install – a 50m² driveway can be laid in one day
- Available as ‘supply and lay’ or ‘supply only’ in a TradePack® to install yourself
- Can be reused
- Can be used with resin bound paving, loose stone and grass
- Low/no-dig option – full depth is only 82mm
- Can be laid directly onto levelled sub-grade (i.e. soil/stone)
- Fully permeable and compliant with SuDS
- Can be made stronger by doubling the depth of SureCell
- Super-strong and high load bearing (full technical and environmental information can be found at the end of this Blog)
- Covered by our 18 year guarantee
- Provides natural filtration: as surface or rain water seeps through the sub-base a natural filtration takes place – reducing or removing impurities and pollutants caused by oils and metals.
Just three layers to a fully permeable surface solution…
From the top down there are three layers to a fully permeable surface – each one an integral part of the reinforcement and filtration system:
First (top) layer
10mm SureSet (SuDS mix) installed @ 30mm depth.
SureCell infilled with gravel – suitable for pedestrian and vehicular traffic. For heavy use another layer of SureCell is added.
After the removal of vegetation and debris to create a level and compacted sub-grade, a geo-textile membrane layer is laid to prevent the upward migration of fine soil particles.
Alternative top layers: SureCell can also be infilled with plants and/or grass – providing protection for vegetation, natural drainage and softening the look of a space – or crushed rock or gravel – providing a strong base suitable for pedestrian and light vehicular traffic.
- For a natural look the SureSet layer can be rounded off (recommended for pathways only).
Environmental benefits of SureCell:
Made from 100% recycled material (HDPE), grid structures create a fully permeable reinforced stable base, without the need for a cementitious or bitumen based products. HDPE is inert and stable, with an expected lifespan of over 50 years.
CIRIA, the leading body in SuDS research, states that a permeable surface can remove 60-95% of suspended solids and 70-90% of hydrocarbons.
With a grid structure being built-up rather than excavated down, the no dig situation eliminates potential damage to trees and plants.
No digging and reducing the amount and type of infill a grid structure requires, reduces the need for heavy machinery. This has a knock on effect on pollution and the carbon footprint and minimizes on-site disruption from dust, erosion and runoff.
The long-term design life of grid structures mean that maintenance, associated environmental and long-term environmental costs are significantly reduced.
- A SureSet aggregate size of 10mm requires a standard depth of 30mm
- SureCell 52mm depth fully connected cellular reinforcement structure infilled with well compacted 4/10mm crushed aggregate to BS EN 12620
- For heavier applications two layers of 52mm SureCell can be installed.
Watch our SureCell installation video.
For more information please visit our website, call 01985 841180 or email us.