A tribute to the late Geoff Hamilton
Based in Coventry, Garden Organic is a registered charity that believes the best way to protect our food supplies, environment, health and wellbeing is to grow organically.
Garden Organic promotes its principles and practices through demonstration gardens at Ryton that are open all year round. While across the UK, supporters of the charity open their own gardens to the public – some for a single day or over a weekend others are open throughout the summer by appointment.
Designed by Isabelle van Groeningen and Gabriella Pape the garden cleverly embraces Geoff’s gardening philosophy by capturing the beauty and sense of escape portrayed in his last television series “Paradise Gardens”.
The Paradise Garden is split into two – one is a soft, natural Country Garden and the other a more formal Town Garden – both contain several plants named after Geoff including a pinkish purple Sweet Pea, a light pink Rose and raspberry red Penstemon.
Jane Eite, a Volunteer Coordinator at Garden Organic contacted us in March to discuss the installation of a permeable pathway in The Paradise Garden.
With an interest in sustainability and a commitment to supporting charities that are close to the hearts of our staff, suppliers and customers we decided to install the resin bound footpath at a greatly reduced cost.
Key features of the project…
- Natural Aggregate: 6mm Chestnut SuDS
- Application: pathway
- Area: 11m²
- Depth: 35mm
- Edges: wood
- Base: free draining stone
- Installed: May 2016
The benefits of choosing a SureSet resin bound gravel pathway…
- It is environmentally friendly – the permeability of SureSet allows water to drain straight through
- It is low maintenance – no weeds, puddles or loose stones to sweep up
- It is durable – your pathway will remain looking good, even with regular use
- It is UV stable – with SureSet there is no colour fading
- It is smooth and accessible – ideal for pushchairs, bicycles, wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- It is fully SuDS compliant – no planning permission is required to install SureSet permeable paving
- It is guaranteed for 18 years – when installed by one of our Approved Installers.
“Step into our chemical-free world and experience the benefits of gardening in harmony with nature, see our Heritage vegetables growing throughout the seasons, spend time in our sensory garden, learn about organic gardening therapy projects, composting and much more.”