Do you remember when all a paving had to be was functional – something that got you from A to B as quickly as possible?
Now, when it comes to housing developments (new and existing) there are many more things to consider along with the paving e.g. SuDS schemes, art projects, accessibility, permeability and durability to name just a few.
Here are a few ideas of how SureSet resin bound paving could help you…
- A quick easy way to revitalise any paving is to lay SureSet over the top. SureSet can be laid over most existing paving including concrete and asphalt.
- SureSet permeable paving can be incorporated into SuDS schemes. Even when it is installed onto a non-permeable base, SureSet allows surface water to drain away and be harvested or discharged into drains or soak-aways.
- Harmonise with other materials such as block paving, brick, paving slabs, decking, gravel, crazy paving, pattern-imprinted concrete, sand-stone and granite setts.
- Include art into the paving – read how SureSet resin bound paving was used for a public art installation on a new housing development in Wandsworth.
- Make the paving more attractive by camouflaging unsightly drains and manhole covers for a smooth, accessible finish.
- Create a clean finish up to any edge including kerbs, pin kerbs, plastic edging, wood and timber, marble setts or aluminium edging.
- Including ramps into your paving improves access for everyone, particularly pushchairs, bicycles and wheelchair users.
- SureSet permeable paving is a great alternative to unsightly metal grille tree pits which are prone to vandalism and provide the ideal place for litter to gather. A SureSet tree pit can cover protruding roots eliminating trip hazards, allows water to drain through, and provides flexibility for movement.
- Including lights into paving creates a safer environment and provides a feeling of security for residents.
Here are some answers to questions we are frequently asked…
Do I need planning permission?
No, 2008 government legislation states that you do not need planning permission if the surface is permeable (or less than five square metres).
Can I drive on SureSet?
Yes you can.
Who installs SureSet?
All SureSet installations are carried out by our Installation Team or one of our Approved Installers.
How long before you can drive on SureSet?
12-24 hours after installation.
How long will SureSet last?
SureSet permeable paving comes with an 18 year guarantee, however our own experience and knowledge suggests it will last in excess of 25 years.
How much does SureSet cost?
Each project is unique and so individually priced. All of our quotes are free, with no obligation and can be arranged by contacting us.
What can SureSet be laid on?
SureSet can be laid on a new base and existing asphalt and concrete (in reasonable condition). More detailed information about suitable bases for SureSet.
Since the devastation of the 2007 floods, caused by surface water runoff and not over flowing rivers, permeable paving has never been so popular. Fully SuDS compliant SureSet permeable resin bound paving combines functionality, practicality and good looks.
If you have any other questions please just contact us and we will be happy to help – call on 0800 612 6501 or email us.
Coming up next – Paving ideas for Gardens…