Thinking of a new driveway or maybe upgrading your existing surface?
Most people don’t realise how much of an impact an improved driveway surface can have on their everyday lives. But if you’re thinking of a new driveway, or if you’re considering updating your driveway’s surface… then it’s time to commit to the decision.
A new or updated driveway can update your home’s curb appeal, making the exterior of your home more attractive, refreshed and renewed. It can also be a great idea if you’re expecting children soon in your life – as updated driveway paving (especially our resin bound paving) can make handling prams much easier.
So if you are thinking of updating your driveway, here are a few ideas for you…
- Lay a SureSet driveway over existing surfaces, such as asphalt or concrete for a quick, easy way to boost your curb appeal. This is great for people who want a relatively quick improvement, and want to see fast results.
- Complement or contrast your home with our huge choice of colours – and get creative. Sometimes choosing a different or contrasting driveway can give your home a completely new and fresh feel from the outside.
- Use SureSet to harmonise with other materials around your driveway such as block paving, brick, paving slabs, decking, gravel, crazy paving, pattern-imprinted concrete, sand-stone and granite setts. You’ll be surprised how much updated paving can transform your external residential space.
- Personalise your driveway by adding colour or design. Other customers have included words, a star and even paw prints in theirs. You can get really creative with this and even surprise your partner with a custom and personalised design especially for them! It’s something they won’t expect and it’s a lovely finishing touch to your family home.
- Camouflage unsightly drains and manhole covers for a seamless look to your driveway.
- Create a clean finish to an edge including curbs, pin curbs, plastic lawn edging, wood and timber, marble setts or aluminium edging.
- Build in a ramp to improve access for pushchairs, bicycles, wheelchairs and garden toys. This is especially useful if you’re expecting a new addition to your family sometime soon! The last thing you want to worry about is struggling with a pram on a gravel driveway. If you know the struggle already, we’re sure you’ll agree.
- This might sound a little off the wall, but in cold countries, underfloor heating is installed with driveways to speed up thawing.
- Light up your project and amaze your neighbours by incorporating lights into the surface. This is also a very sleek addition to your driveway and can really transform a space. We’ve seen it work wonderfully on long driveways as well as shorter ones. Lit up driveways can also help you feel safer when the driveway is lit up at night.
- Include surrounding trees into your driveway design with a SureSet tree–pit; allowing water to reach the roots, providing protection and the flexibility to allow growth. Choose evergreen trees to make sure the beautiful green colours last all year long.
Here are some answers to questions we are frequently asked…
Do I need planning permission?
No, 2008 government legislation states that you do not need planning permission if the surface is permeable (or less than five square metres). This makes the process stress-free and easy to get started.
Can I drive on SureSet?
Yes you can. SureSet can even be designed for heavy traffic. It makes an ideal driveway surface.
Who installs SureSet?
All SureSet installations are carried out by our in-house Installation Team or nationwide network of Approved Installers. Both work tidily and with respect to you and neighbouring properties.
Is SureSet easy to clean?
Yes, it is. It’s actually an extremely easy surface to clean and the maintenance in the long-run is very easy. Watch our online maintenance video to see for yourself how easy it is.
How long before I can use my driveway?
Pedestrian traffic can use SureSet six to eight hours after installation and 12-24 hours for vehicles.
How long will SureSet last?
SureSet permeable paving comes with a 21 year Guarantee, however our own experience and knowledge suggests it will last in excess of 25 years.
How much does a SureSet driveway cost?
Your project is unique to you and so individually priced. We take into account your location, size of your driveway and the stone you choose. All of our quotes are free, with no obligation and can be arranged by contacting us. We ‘d love to hear from you about your potential project and discuss your needs.
What can SureSet be laid on?
A SureSet resin bound driveway can be laid on a new base and existing asphalt and concrete (in reasonable condition). More detailed information about suitable bases for SureSet.
Read more about our driveways and download a brochure, maintenance guide or specifications.
Since the devastation of the 2007 floods, caused by surface water runoff and not overflowing rivers, permeable paving has never been so popular, and it’s why our SureSet resin bound paving is so popular. It makes a fantastic choice for your driveway, and the low-maintenance of the paving also makes it ideal for busy households too.
A fully SuDS compliant SureSet residential driveway combines functionality, practicality and good looks. It’s something you’ll be proud to show off and talk about., We’ve known neighbours to be so impressed, they also book in a driveway make-over!
If you have any other questions please contact us and we will be happy to help – please call 0800 612 6501 or email us.