While surfacing for car parks and access roads has to be functional and meet a growing number of National Standards, increasingly they are also required to:
- Improve the long-term appearance of an area
- Reduce the cost of ongoing maintenance
- Incorporate other external works and landscape design
- Promote safety and security
- Provide full access
- Reflect neighbouring buildings and surroundings
- Consider sustainability.
Practical and functional, our high quality resin bound car park and access road paving addresses all of these requirements. Its outstanding permeability, accessibility, versatility and durability also makes SureSet ideal for…
- Revitalising existing car parks and access roads; it can be laid over many existing surfaces including concrete and asphalt.
- Use with our own cellular grid structure SureCell® to create a fully permeable surface.
- Incorporating into SuDS schemes. Even when installed onto a non-permeable base, SureSet allows surface water to drain away and be harvested or discharged into drains or soak-aways.
- Harmonising with other materials such as block paving, brick, paving slabs, decking, gravel, crazy paving, pattern-imprinted concrete, sand-stone and granite setts.
- Camouflaging unsightly drains and manhole covers.
- Providing a clean finish up to any edge including kerbs, pin kerbs, plastic edging, wood and timber, marble setts or aluminium edging.
- Including tree pits into access roads and car park surfaces. SureSet can also cover protruding roots eliminating trip hazards, allows water to drain through, and provides flexibility for movement.
- Incorporating lights into access roads and car park paving to create a safer environment.
- Demarcating parking bays, parent and child and accessible spaces, defining pedestrian and driving areas and including corporate logos.
Here are some answers to questions we are frequently asked…
Do I need planning permission?
No, 2008 government legislation states that you do not need planning permission if the surface is permeable (or less than five square metres).
Can I drive on SureSet?
Yes you can.
Who installs SureSet?
All SureSet installations are carried out by our Installation Team or one of our Approved Installers.
How long before you can drive on SureSet?
12-24 hours after installation.
How long will SureSet last?
SureSet permeable paving comes with an 18 year guarantee, however our own experience and knowledge suggests it will last in excess of 25 years.
How much does SureSet cost?
Each project is unique and so individually priced. All of our quotes are free, with no obligation and can be arranged by contacting us.
What can SureSet be laid on?
SureSet can be laid on a new base and existing asphalt and concrete (in reasonable condition). More detailed information about suitable bases for SureSet.
Read more about our Car Park and Access Road Paving and download a brochure, maintenance guide or specifications.
Since the devastation of the 2007 floods, caused by surface water runoff and not over flowing rivers, permeable paving has never been so popular. Fully SuDS compliant SureSet permeable resin bound paving combines functionality, practicality and good looks.
If you have any other questions please just contact us and we will be happy to help – call on 0800 612 6501 or email us.
Coming up next - ideas for Indoor Flooring…