Looking for driveway options?
Of all the driveway surfacing to choose from, a resin bound driveway combines good looks with practicality by providing a permeable, accessible, durable, SuDS compliant, UV stable surface that doesn’t need planning permission.
When installed by a reputable resin bound paving company, your driveway, with just a little maintenance, will reward you with many years of outstanding performance.
Useful Blog: Top tips for choosing a resin bound paving installer.
The benefits of choosing a SureSet resin bound driveway…
21 year guarantee
When installed by a SureSet Approved Installer, your domestic driveway comes with an 21 year guarantee against loose stone; cracking; oil damage; UV degradation; colour change and frost damage.
No loose stone
SureSet resin bound driveways deliver a beautifully smooth, accessible finish with no loose stone to migrate into other areas – making it foot friendly, ideal for adjoining lawn areas and pool surrounds and easy to take the wheelie bin out!
A SureSet resin bound gravel driveway only needs periodic sweeping and occasional power washing to keep it looking as good as new. The technology of SureSet minimises weed growth and reduces puddles.
The wide range of UV stable colour and texture options, to either complement or contrast any adjacent surfaces, allowing you to create a truly unique resin driveway. SureSet can even create bespoke colour blends for perfect colour matching.
Useful Blog: Why choose resin bound paving?
What is resin bound paving?
Made in the UK, SureSet is natural aggregate, marble or recycled materials and clear resin mixed thoroughly together. During the mixing process each particle of stone is completely covered in the resin to form a structurally stable 3D matrix. During the laying process, minute voids are created that mimic natural drainage.
Suitable bases for SureSet…
Simple SuDS base
- Starting with a geo-textile membrane layer, laid to prevent the upward migration of fine soil particles.
- Then a layer of SureCell® infilled with gravel. For heavy use an additional layer of SureCell is used.
- Finally a 10mm layer of SureSet SuDS mix is installed at a 30mm depth.
New or existing asphalt
- SureSet can be laid directly onto an existing asphalt surface or a newly installed one once it has cooled.
- The asphalt should be laid onto an appropriate granular sub-base, of adequate depth to accept the expected weight of use.
New or existing concrete
- Existing concrete – thoroughly cleaned and primed with a polymer based primer before SureSet permeable paving is installed.
- Freshly laid – a minimum of seven days must be allowed and the surface primed using a polymer based primer before SureSet permeable paving is installed.While SureSet itself is crack resistant, it will ultimately reflect cracks in the concrete base and movement joints must be included in the plans.
Other useful Blogs…