Are you looking for a no dig sub-base for your project?
Our Simple SuDS Base is a three layer, fully permeable system comprising of:
- A geotextile membrane – preventing the upward migration of fine soil particles, that is laid onto a level and compacted sub-grade.
- A layer of 52mm deep SureCell® sub-base – infilled with well compacted 4/10mm crushed aggregate, to BS EN 12620, is laid on top of the geotextile membrane.
- 10mm SureSet resin bound gravel (in your chosen colour) is laid at a 30mm depth on top of the infilled SureCell, creating a surface suitable for pedestrian areas and straight driveways*.
*For heavier vehicular use (turning driveways, access roads and car parks) we lay a double layer of SureCell.
SureCell is our own sub-base system – also known as ground reinforcement – it’s a cellular grid structure made from recycled plastic that is laid directly onto compacted stone and in-filled with gravel (aggregate). SureCell has a compressive strength of 400t/m². As with all ground works, local specialist advice must be taken on the sub-base requirements for each project.
- Faster, cheaper and easier to install than most traditional sub-base systems
- Installed by our expert Team
- Super-strong and high load bearing
- Fully permeable, efficiently filtering water back into the natural water table
- Covered by our 18 year guarantee
- Fully compliant with SuDS.
We also offer SureCell in a TradePack for experienced tradesmen and builders to use on their own projects.
Environmental benefits of SureCell:
- Also known as ground reinforcement, SureCell is a cellular grid structure made from recycled plastic; an interlocking, honeycomb system that is laid directly onto compacted stone and in-filled with gravel.
- Made from 100% recycled material (HDPE), SureCell creates a fully permeable reinforced stable base, without the need for cementitious or bitumen based products.
- Reducing the need for heavy machinery, reduces potential damage to trees and plants and has a positive effect on pollution, the carbon footprint and minimizes on-site disruption from dust, erosion and runoff.
- Providing a natural filtration: as surface or rain water seeps through the sub-base impurities and pollutants caused by oils and metals are reduced or removed. CIRIA, the leading body in SuDS research, states that a permeable surface can remove 60-95% of suspended solids and 70-90% of hydrocarbons.
- SureCell is inert and stable, with an expected lifespan of over 50 years.