Combating climate change and cleaning the air
Cooling streets and conserving energy
Preventing water pollution and reducing runoff
Providing protection from the sun and creating a natural sound barrier
Increasing property values*
But how do we keep trees healthy and happy with minimal maintenance?
Tree pits are ideal and seen around most trees in public places, the most popular types are metal grille, soil and resin bound. Whilst very decorative, metal grille tree pits inadvertently create somewhere for litter and leaves to gather and can also be a trip hazard. While soil tree pits quite often end up looking like an ashtray or dog toilet.
Our 10 good reasons to choose a resin bound tree pit…
- A quick, easy way to instantly improve appearance and reduce maintenance
- Porosity allows water to reach the roots while providing protection and allowing growth
- The smooth, stone free finish eliminates the build-up of litter and leaves and keeps it looking tidy
- When laid around mature trees with exposed roots potential trip hazards are reduced
- They are available in a DIY Kit® or TradePack® format
- Tree pits do not require a solid base
- From a huge choice of colours, a resin bound tree pit can complement or contrast adjoining surfaces
- A clean finish up to any edge including kerbs, pin kerbs, plastic lawn edging, wood and timber, marble setts or aluminium edging can be achieved
- LED or fibre optic lights can be incorporated, providing additional safety benefits
- Resin bound tree pits can be included into driveways, pathways and hard landscaping designs.
Here are some answers to questions we are frequently asked…
Do I need planning permission?
No, 2008 government legislation states that you do not need planning permission if the surface is permeable (or less than five square metres).
Is SureSet easy to clean?
Yes it is. Watch our online maintenance video to see for yourself just how easy.
How long before SureSet can be used?
SureSet can be used by pedestrians six to eight hours after installation and ready to drive on in 12-16. Though we would always recommend leaving it longer if possible.
How long will SureSet last?
SureSet permeable paving comes with an 18 year guarantee, however our own experience and knowledge suggests it will last in excess of 25 years.
How much does SureSet cost?
Your installation is unique to you and so individually priced. We take into account your location, size of your project and the stone you choose. All of our quotes are free, with no obligation and can be arranged by contacting us.
What can SureSet be laid on?
SureSet can be laid on a new base and existing asphalt and concrete (in reasonable condition). More detailed information about suitable bases for SureSet.
Read more about our Tree Pits and download a brochure, maintenance guide or specifications. If you have any other questions please just contact us and we will be happy to help – please call on 0800 612 6501 or email us.
Enjoy this Blog? Please like or share it using the social media buttons on the right of this page.
Coming up next – Paving ideas for Swimming Pool surrounds…