Thinking of a new pool, pool surround or maybe upgrading your existing surface?
SureSet permeable resin bound paving has been used to revitalise swimming pools all over the world in locations such as the UK, Malta, Italy, UAE, Spain and Portugal. High quality resin bound paving is a great addition to any outside space as it is durable, UV stable, smooth and easy to maintain. It is also SuDS compliant which is perfect for splashing around a swimming pool!
Are you thinking of adding a new swimming pool, pool surround or maybe upgrading your existing surface?
Here’s a few ideas for you…
- Laying a SureSet permeable pool surround over an existing surface, such as asphalt or concrete is a quick and easy way to revitalise the whole area. A stable base is required underneath the resin bound paving.
- Complement or contrast the paving to your home with different colours, materials, and textures. This will bring the whole exterior together when looking at your property and outside space.
- Harmonise with other textures around your pool such as grass, block paving, brick, paving slabs, decking, gravel, crazy paving, pattern-imprinted concrete, sand-stone and granite setts. Try and use colours from the same colour pallet to compliment each other.
- Camouflage unsightly drains and filters for a seamless look to your surround.
- Create a clean finish up to any edge including kerbs, pin kerbs, plastic lawn edging, wood and timber, marble setts or aluminium edging.
- Build in a ramp to improve access for pushchairs, bicycles, wheelchairs and garden toys.
- Light up your pool surround and amaze your neighbours by incorporating lights into the surface.
- Using a combination of colours and/or textures of SureSet is a perfect way to divide or define specific areas within your pool surround.
- Include trees into your pool surround with a SureSet tree pit; allowing water to reach the roots, providing protection and the flexibility to allow growth.
Sounds impressive, right? Jonathon Dunlop from Twyford thinks so, we installed our 3mm Barley Beach Natural Aggregate around his swimming pool. Watch his video interview and find out what he had to say about SureSet.
The benefits to using resin bound paving around your pool:
- Smooth and stone free surface, making it trip free and comfortable for feet.
- Can be used for indoor pools (using a sealed finish will make the surface impermeable) or outdoor pools.
- Wide range of colours and materials.
- Unlimited design flexibility when incorporating patterns and shapes.
- Can be installed by our own Installation Team, Approved Installers or Global Partners with a 21 year guarantee.
- Alternatively, Pool DIYPacks and DIY Kits are available to install yourself.
- Low maintenance surface. Simply use a stiff brush or power wash to keep the paving clean.
- Permeable surface eliminating puddling and surface water. When installed over a permeable sub-base a fully permeable build up is created, meaning water could either be harvested or discharged into the natural drainage table.
Here are some answers to questions we are frequently asked…
Do I need planning permission?
No, 2008 government legislation states that you do not need planning permission if the surface is permeable (or less than five square metres).
Who installs SureSet?
SureSet installations can be carried out by our in-house Installation Team, nationwide network of Approved Installers, or for international projects use one of our Global Partners. All our teams work tidily and with respect to you and neighbouring properties. Alternatively, our Trade and DIY products can be purchased through our online shop and are perfect for those keen DIYers or Tradesmen wanting to complete the project themselves.
Is SureSet easy to clean?
How long before I can use my pool surround?
Pedestrian traffic can use SureSet six to eight hours after installation and 12-24 hours for vehicles.
How long will SureSet last?
SureSet permeable paving comes with an 21 year guarantee, however our own experience and knowledge suggests it will last in excess of 25 years.
How much does SureSet cost?
Your project is unique to you and so individually priced. We take into account your location, size of the area, traffic type, design work involved and the stone you choose. All of our quotes are free, with no obligation and can be arranged by contacting us.
What can SureSet be laid on?
A SureSet resin bound pool surround can be laid on a new base, such as SureCell and to create a fully permeable build up, or existing asphalt and concrete (in reasonable condition)where the water will run off to the existing drainage underneath the resin bound paving. More detailed information about suitable bases can be downloaded on our website.
Since the devastation of the 2007 floods, caused by surface water runoff and not over flowing rivers, permeable paving has never been so popular. A fully SuDS compliant SureSet swimming pool surround combines functionality, practicality and good looks.
If you have any other questions please just contact us and we will be happy to help – please call on 0800 612 6501 or email us.