Whether extending ground floor living space or designing outdoor communal areas for a housing developments, hard landscaping creates attractive and versatile outdoor spaces, adds value and builds communities.
We have put together a few ideas to help you with your hard landscaping project…
- Laying SureSet permeable paving over existing areas such as footpaths and paved areas is a quick and easy way to revitalise any surface. In apartment blocks or care homes, a fresh surface that is smooth and reliable can also massively help with accessibility and giving residents more freedom of movement. This can be a big selling point to many people, and may even attract new customers to the care home / residence.
- Harmonise your entire outdoor space, by choosing one material that can bring the whole look together. One of the biggest advantages of resin bound paving is that it is visually flexible – and the colours and styles can be picked by you. Being able to choose and match the colours of your outdoor space and hard landscaping – means you can really tie in all the details and design choice of your outdoor space.
- Personalise your hard landscaping design with a pattern – you can include words, symbols (e.g. stars) and even paw prints with stencils or edging. If you truly want to add a personal touch to your hard landscaping – this is a classic and unique way to do it. For people who are personalising their ‘forever home’ or for businesses who want to put their own stamp on a property, this is a brilliant option to consider.
- Camouflage unsightly drains and manhole covers for a smooth, accessible, colour matched finish. It’s the perfect finishing touch to your home and it’s the ideal way to smooth all the edges and finish everything to the beautiful standard that you deserve.
- Create a clean finish up to any edge including kerbs, pin kerbs, plastic lawn edging, wood and timber, marble setts or aluminium edging. It’s the perfect finishing touch to your home and it’s the ideal way to smooth all the edges and finish everything to the beautiful standard that you deserve.
- Build in a ramp to improve access for pushchairs, bicycles, wheelchairs and garden toys. If you’re planning a big family (and will be using lots of pushchairs over the years) or if you use a wheelchair – this is a great idea for improving accessibility to your home and making home life so much easier for you. If you’re a bicycle user, building a ramp is a great way to keep those wheels in great condition and improve the longevity of your bike too!
- For small areas you can do it yourself with a DIY Kit® or TradePack®. This is a fantastic idea for smaller space such as roof terraces, roof gardens or small patios. These small areas deserve your attention too!
- Use SureSet to divide or define specific areas within your design, or inject a bit of colour with Spectrum®. Colour is so important when decorating and we know that it can transform a space. The right colour choice can really create a beautiful and fresh finish.
- Light up your design and impress your neighbours! Fibre optic lighting is especially effective under our recycled glass or incorporate LED or recessed ground lights within SureSet. We’ve seen beautiful end-results from this technique and it’s something that people always get compliments about when installed in their home. It’s a wonderful finishing touch and it ensures your home looks incredible all day long.
- Show your trees some love and give them a SureSet tree pit – allowing water to reach the roots, protecting the tree, eliminating trip hazards and providing flexibility for growth. It gives the plant s a wonderful environment to thrive in and looks fantastic too.
Here are some answers to questions we are frequently asked…
Do I need planning permission?
No, 2008 government legislation states that you do not need planning permission if the surface is permeable (or less than five square metres).
Who installs SureSet?
Apart from our DIY Kits and TradePacks, SureSet installations are carried out by our Installation Team or nationwide network of Approved Installers. Both work tidily and with respect to you and neighbouring properties.
Is SureSet easy to clean?
Yes it is. Watch our online maintenance video to see for yourself how easy it is.
How long before I can use SureSet?
In as little as four to six hours after installation. It’s that Fast!
How long will SureSet last?
SureSet permeable paving comes with an 21 year guarantee, however our own experience and knowledge suggests it will last in excess of 25 years. This means your investment is a smart one, and one that will be long lasting and beautiful for years to come.
How much does SureSet cost?
Your project is unique to you. So we’ll price each project individually. During our quote, we’ll take into consideration your location, the area sizing, and the stone you choose. It’s free to receive a quote, with no obligation and can be arranged by contacting us.
What can SureSet be laid on?
SureSet resin bound paving can be laid on a new base and existing asphalt and concrete (in reasonable condition). More detailed information about suitable bases for SureSet.
Read more about SureSet for Hard Landscaping and download a brochure, maintenance guide or specifications.
Since the devastation of the 2007 floods, caused by surface water runoff and not over flowing rivers, permeable paving has never been so popular. SuDS compliant SureSet combines functionality, practicality and good looks.
If you have any other questions please just contact us and we will be happy to help – please call on 0800 612 6501 or email us.
Our experts are always on hand to discuss your project needs and advise where possible too – just feel free to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.