Whether extending ground floor living space or designing outdoor communal areas for a housing developments, hard landscaping creates attractive and versatile outdoor spaces, adds value and builds communities.
We have put together a few ideas to help you with your hard landscaping project…
- Laying SureSet permeable paving over existing areas such as footpaths and paved areas is a quick and easy way to revitalise any surface.
- Harmonise with other materials such as block paving, brick, paving slabs, decking, gravel, crazy paving, pattern-imprinted concrete, sand-stone and granite setts.
- Personalise your hard landscaping design with a pattern – you can include words, symbols (e.g. stars) and even paw prints with stencils or edging.
- Camouflage unsightly drains and manhole covers for a smooth, accessible, colour matched finish.
- Create a clean finish up to any edge including kerbs, pin kerbs, plastic lawn edging, wood and timber, marble setts or aluminium edging.
- Build in a ramp to improve access for pushchairs, bicycles, wheelchairs and garden toys.
- For small areas you can do it yourself with a DIY Kit® or TradePack®.
- Use SureSet to divide or define specific areas within your design, or inject a bit of colour with Spectrum®.
- Light up your design and impress your neighbours! Fibre optic lighting is especially effective under our recycled glass or incorporate LED or recessed ground lights within SureSet.
- Show your trees some love and give them a SureSet tree pit – allowing water to reach the roots, protecting the tree, eliminating trip hazards and providing flexibility for growth.
Here are some answers to questions we are frequently asked…
Do I need planning permission?
No, 2008 government legislation states that you do not need planning permission if the surface is permeable (or less than five square metres).
Who installs SureSet?
Apart from our DIY Kits and TradePacks, SureSet installations are carried out by our Installation Team or nationwide network of Approved Installers. Both work tidily and with respect to you and neighbouring properties.
Is SureSet easy to clean?
Yes it is. Watch our online maintenance video to see for yourself how easy it is.
How long before I can use SureSet?
In as little as four to six hours after installation.
How long will SureSet last?
SureSet permeable paving comes with an 18 year guarantee, however our own experience and knowledge suggests it will last in excess of 25 years.
How much does SureSet cost?
Your project is unique to you and so individually priced. We take into account your location, size of the area and the stone you choose. All of our quotes are free, with no obligation and can be arranged by contacting us.
What can SureSet be laid on?
SureSet resin bound paving can be laid on a new base and existing asphalt and concrete (in reasonable condition). More detailed information about suitable bases for SureSet.
Read more about SureSet for Hard Landscaping and download a brochure, maintenance guide or specifications.
Since the devastation of the 2007 floods, caused by surface water runoff and not over flowing rivers, permeable paving has never been so popular. SuDS compliant SureSet combines functionality, practicality and good looks.
If you have any other questions please just contact us and we will be happy to help – please call on 0800 612 6501 or email us.