Our aim is to listen to your needs and offer you the best solution, using the best products for the best value. Whilst meeting this aim we also have a responsibility to make sure that the resin bound paving solutions we offer are sustainable and expect all our products to meet…Permeable standards.
Onsite, we cold mix Natural Aggregate, Marble, Spectrum® or other recycled materials with our high-quality clear resin using the EcoBatcher – an efficient machine that massively reduces plastic waste. When these components are mixed, each particle is completely coated with resin; forming a 3D matrix. During the laying process minute, voids are formed that, when cured, mimic natural drainage by allowing water to pass through to the conventional sub-base. This efficient dispersal of water brings a wide range of safety, comfort and maintenance benefits including:
- Reducing puddles
- Preventing weed growth
- Contributing to flood prevention
- Minimising the potential for flash flooding
- Reducing water pollution caused by oils and heavy metals.
Even when SureSet is laid onto a conventional base, the permeability of our resin bound paving allows water to drain away to be harvested or discharged into drains or soak-aways.
In colder countries or Winter months, Radiant Heat Systems beneath resin bound paving can prevent the freeze-thaw cycle, whilst providing buildings with warm water a Radiant Heat Systems will melt away snow and stop ice to form, keeping walkways safe. Outdoor radiant heat sources are used around the world for many areas from dining to walkways.
SureSet permeable paving meets the requirements of SuDS by preventing the formation of standing water by facilitating rapid drainage. CIRIA, the leading body in SuDS research, states that a permeable surface can remove 60-95% of suspended solids and 70-90% of hydrocarbons.
We are aware of the environmental impact of our activities, and the projects we are involved in and strive to ensure this is minimal. We have a Company Environmental Policy (the key points of which are listed below) that is available to download.
- Legislation – the company complies fully with all environmental legislation and approved codes of practice
- Responsibilities – corporately and individually, a range of tasks and processes are undertaken to achieve best practice and ensure continual improvement
- Waste Storage and Disposal – all waste is recycled wherever possible
- Management Practices – the company maintains records of compliance and continually reviews legislation and industry best practice.
- Printing – we use printers that are FSC certified and use vegetable ink solutions.